Friday, October 26, 2012

We have lift off!!

Hooray!  We have finally begun to build.  Perhaps 'build' is a bit strong for now, but we have started the process of building!  We have officially agreed on the quote/costing from the builder, the plans are all but through, so our builder, Esrom, has begun.  He has started doing the house layout, and getting ready for digging the foundations.  Sadly we discovered that the soil is not great, so we are having to do some serious foundation re-enforcement, but at least we shouldn't get any cracks!

On Wednesday evening, we invited our good friends and pastors, the Bouwers, Rodger the architect (who comes to our church) and my folks to do a land dedication.  We all met at the plot (Bev came in her finest, I was pleased to see!) and we prayed over the land and the project and committed the whole thing to God.  Carl and I really want this project to be a blessing to all who work there, and once our home is finished, to all who visit.
The scripture I have for our project is Psalm 127:1:
'Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain'.

So once  we were finished praying, we celebrated with some champagne.  I guess it could be called a sod turning ceremony, but no one thought to bring a spade, so we didn't actually turn a sod! 

No comments:

Post a Comment