Firstly, I am going to stop apologising for the belated entries! It seems every entry (all five this year or something - actually last year now!!) have started with an apology. So, not more guilt, when I update, I update! I must add that a few snide remarks from a few people has motivated me. Right, where was I....
Yes, the dreaded big 4 -0 arrived on October 3 2011. Sigh!
I did not have a party, instead I opted to take my whole family River Rafting (excluding Heidi et al because they were in Doha, and in their place our almost family, the Bouwers). The weather was NOT very kind to us, although we had to be grateful for small mercies. It rained lightly on and off and the wind howled the whole way, nearly pushing us back upstream - it was such hard work!! But, once we were back in our cars heading home, the rain came down in force, as well as hectic thunder and lightning, so at least we got to finish the paddle.
We arrived there nice and early, and had a brekkie before we set off. Don't we all look sexy in our safety gear?
After a bouncy half hour ride in an open truck, with raucous singing to take our minds off our sore bums, we got to the set-off point upstream.
No comments:
Post a Comment