Why, you may ask? Well, we took our puppy Gemma down with us. She slept in her crate in the kids' room, but at 5:15am I heard snuffling and decided that getting up at 5:15 was a lesser fate than getting up at 6am to a crate with a poo and a wee in it! So I quietly removed Gemma from her bed, and took her outside for her to do the necessaries. Which she did. And then I spent 45 mins playing with her, until the kids woke up and took over their duty. At which point, I returned to the place I should have been all along - my bed!
Saturday was very laid back (for me. Carl did a 92km training ride). We took the boat out and I had my first water-ski of the summer. Brrrr, the water was still pretty cold, and I am a total wimp. But I still had fun, and still popped out the water first time. As did Carl. The kids didn't even try.
On Sunday Carl had invited his work colleagues down for the day, which was pleasant, even though it was totally hectic (for me!). We decided to do all our entertaining, including braaing and eating, down by the water's edge. However, this involved carting all the required equipment down. Hmmm, very busy, especially when I kept forgetting things!!
I think they all had fun? Carl took some of them out on the boat, some kayaked, others just chilled.
Gemma had some time on the kayak and even had two swims - one on purpose (she lept off the front of the kayak) and the other by mistake (she lost her balance and fell off). 
No comments:
Post a Comment