Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ahhh, Rats!

My little girl has turned 10. You may suspect that at her age she may have asked for ..... a PlayStation? brat's doll? Ipod? Wii? No, no, no and no.

She asked for (and got!) A RAT!!!!

We now have a 6 week old white rat with pink eyes who goes by the lovely name of Penny. My apologies to all the Penny's out there that I know - I had nothing to do with choosing the name!

Megan is besotted, and even I am forced to admit that she is quite sweet, for now! I dread her getting big! My biggest concern is that 'Penny' may actually be 'Percy' and if anyone has ever seen a boy rat, you will know that it is not a pretty sight! Problem is that we can't exactly kill it off it when we see some 'you know what's' starting to appear!

Next problem is that Ali also wants a rat, and in a way, I agree as little Penny must be pretty lonely. However, if we end up with two of opposite sex, we all know where that will end up!

Oh dear, the things we let ourselves in for!

No comments:

Post a Comment